Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blogging is hard

Radio silence has become the norm around here.

It takes me a surprisingly long time to write even short posts. I'll sit down to write and think I can  get something out in 20 minutes and an hour later I'm still at it. And I have a general policy that I have to wait 24 hours before I actually publish anything I write... so I finish a post then come back a day later and decide not to post for some reason. I have a lot of unpublished posts. I'm not following that rule today.

But mostly I don't write much because things are pretty good. Michael is such a big kid now. He fully lives up to the 3 year old stereotype of being very difficult at times (we didn't really have the "terrible twos" here but 3 has been pretty rough). I would pay him to just be quiet sometimes.

My house is a mess. I try to tackle parts of it when I get a burst of motivation. I'm losing the battle. Company is the only real motivator I have to clean and the in-laws are coming soon, so maybe this place will finally look decent by the time they get here.

I'm really trying to exercise hard and kick off some of this fat. Only 3 years and some odd months later, I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight... which is still obese. It's a work in progress.

We don't spend much time at home these days (at least not when we're awake). We're at the gym or school or shopping or drs appointments mostly. I've been trying to get Michael out for little days trips with me to zoos and parks. We had to wait to leave for a later drs. appointment one day and I seriously didn't know what to do with Michael for 1.5 hours. So I made him a super hero cape (he enjoyed the finished product, but I wouldn't consider sewing to be interacting with him). I'm planning on swimming lessons again soon and maybe a kinder-music type class too. We're going to try soccer this fall, but signup is in early July so it's on my summer to-do list.


Super Michael

The worst problem I have a the current time is that my anxiety is getting to be a problem again. I'm clenching my jaw and grinding my teeth at night and I can't get myself to cut it out. We've had a lot of medical appointments lately which is probably causing a lot of it. Michael ear tubes need to come out (this will not be fun for anyone since Michael is super scared of drs and this will only make it worse), I've had moles cut off recently and still need more to be cut off, I need to schedule some appointments for my husband (because he is incapable apparently), and then there's my wrist which has given me several headaches trying to figure out what to do next. I try not to schedule more than one appointment a week, alternating between us. It seems a bit ridiculous, since we are all relatively healthy, to be spending so much time at drs offices. (Oh, and I could get a mouth guard to help with the teeth grinding, I just need to make an appointment with the dentist and pay $120 for one... OTC mouth guards don't work for me.)

So that's life lately. I'm planning on taking Michael back here tomorrow. We're planning on learning to camp as a family this summer, so I'm really excited about that coming up. Just ticking along here.

1 comment:

Jess @ LifeintheWhiteHouse.com said...

Glad to know you guys are doing ok. Hoping your anxiety/jaw issues get better. I have the same thing...and for the past few weeks, I have a constant headache.